Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)
RSS

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Don't say the L word: Chapter 6 Friends?

I love this feeling. The comfort of my own room but there is nothing that can compete with the comfort of ones embrace. The warmth of loving arms, the calming sound of one's heart beating and the feeling of being protected, being safe by one whom cares for you. "Wait. What?", I said aloud. Am I feeling lonesome? Do I want to be embraced not simply by anyone but a lover? Or maybe I'm just getting too caught up by this manga. "I need to go out... but what shall I do?" I asked myself. And then I remembered. I looked out my window and said, "Maybe he's home!"

I rang the doorbell and took a deep breath. The door creacked as it opened.

"Mrs. Short! Is Matt home?"

"Oh, Kara. Sorry, dear. He's not home at the moment. He went out with his father doing, who knows what. Men!" said Matt's mother jokingly.

"Thank you, Mrs. Short. Pardon for bothering you" , I said as I walked along her beautiful pathway. Now what am I suppose to do? Should I go back to my book?

As I crossed the street, I heard a voice calling out to me.

"Yes?" I answered and there I saw a cute boy coming up to me.

"Kara! Do you want to hang out for a while?" , Giorge asked.

He's so cute. I could just stare at his lavender eyes all day. I want to touch his hair, it looks so soft. I want to hear it again, his sexy voice. I wish he'd say my name again. Wait! I forgot to answer him.

"Um.. Kara?"

HE SAID MY NAME! Now's not the time!

"Yeah! Sure. Ok. Where do you want to go?"

"Oh, yeah. Umm... how about that... umm..."

"Sorry, yeah. You're still unfamiliar with the places", I said. How embarassing! I'm so stupid! "GELATO!"

"Excuse me?"

"I need something cold right now, I feel a bit warm". Genius! I'm glad Mr. Mancinelli opened that gelato shop! "It's not far, just a few blocks"

"Cool. Let me go in to get my wallet for second", said Giorge.

"I'll pay. My treat?", I offered.

"No", he answered. How simple his answer was.

"No?"

"Yeah", he said as he smiled, waltzed into his house and soon after came out.

"Mind telling me why you did not take my offer?" I asked.

"It's thanks for your Mum's cookies"

"Shouldn't you thank my mother for those?"

"Would you rather I treat your mother than you?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Whatever!", I laughed.

We had a blast chatting away as we went to Mancinelli's. He made a fool of himself when he tripped and got Mr. Mancinelli all covered with gelato. He tried wiping him clean with his own shirt but big ol' Mancinelli grappled Giorge and gave him a kiss on his cheek. I think Giorge, misunderstood that kiss... maybe I should explain it to him afterwards. We continued just laughing and joking as we walked back. I enjoyed every minute of it.

And there we were, at my front porch, on the doorstep.

"Thanks, Giorge. I had fun today", I said as I looked at him dead on, eye to eye.

"Yeah, me too!", he said as he punched my arm. Oh! Why the arm punch! That's boy-code for 'I-don't-see-you-just-as-a-girl-but-a-friend'

Awkwardly, I punched him and said, "Yeah".

Oh well, I guess I won't be embraced by a lover anytime soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good night. Tomorrow I'm going camping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment